May 21, 2014
Economic issues are prolific in the public sphere, from taxes and inequality, to jobs and productivity and more. Even Thomas Piketty's book on wealth distribution is now a bestseller. How can a person make sense of the terms and of the discussion? One way is to talk to an economist, like Gary Burtless, a senior fellow in the Economic Studies Program at Brookings. In this podcast, he offers his expertise to explain issues such as middle-class income gains, wealth distribution and Piketty's book in ways that both surprise and enlighten.
• Income Growth and Income Inequality: The Facts May
• Big Payroll Gains and Anemic Labor Force Growth
• Potential Effects of the Affordable Care Act on Income Inequality
• Impact of the Great Recession on Retirement Trends in Industrialized Countries
• Urban-Brookings Tax Policy Center