Mar 19, 2015
“The forces of darkness, the terrorists, know that education is a powerful change agent,” says former Australian Prime Minister Julia Gillard in this podcast about her commitment to global education. Ms. Gillard, now a distinguished fellow with the Center for Universal Education at Brookings and chair of the Global Partnership for Education, discusses a variety of topics, including her path to becoming Australia’s 27th prime minister; overcoming barriers to achieving universal education; why quality of education matters as much, or more, than getting children into school; and what needs to be done in the post-2015 development agenda to achieve gender equity in education.
- Brookings Center for Universal
- Global Partnership for Education
- The future of global education: What is the role of non-state actors?
- #GirlsEdu: The Value of Girls’ Education in 2014 and Beyond
- The Life of an Australian Prime Minister: A Conversation with Julia Gillard on "My Story"