Dec 30, 2016
2016 is finally over and with it another great year for the
Brookings Cafeteria podcast. We had 52 episodes, over 60 guests,
and covered dozens of policy topics. We celebrated the centennial
of the Brookings Institution in a few episodes. The Academy of
Podcasters at Podcast Movement honored us once again with a
nomination as best education podcast of the year. Our team
experienced some changes but still turned out a terrific show every
To celebrate the closing of the year, today’s show features
our favorite clips from past 12 months.
Thanks to all of those who made 2016 another great year for the
- Gaston Reboredo, audio engineer and producer, who took over
from Zack Kulzer after Zack moved out west
- Vanessa Sauter, producer, who replaced Carisa Neitsche,
who left to pursue graduate studies
- Bill Finan, interviewer with the authors of Brookings
- Adrianna Pita, the host of the Intersections
podcast and guest host of some episodes
- Sara Abdel Rahim and Basseem Maliki, interns extraordinaire.
Basseem helped find all the clips for this show
- Mark Hoelscher, who produced a few shows and assisted with
audio production in others
- Jessica Pavone, Eric Abalahin, and Rebecca Viser, who
provide design and web support
- Richard Fawal and David Nassar, who provide their
leadership and support.
home page for the Brookings Cafeteria podcast to listen to all
of the episodes mentioned in this one.
Subscribe to Brookings podcasts here or
send feedback email to BCP@Brookings.edu,
and follow us and tweet us at @policypodcasts on
BCP is part of the Brookings Podcast